11.07.2011

Marsch's Montreal Have Anelka on the Brain



How’s your French? Merde? Better ask for Rosetta Stone for Christmas then because if you really want to know what’s what with the Impact you’re going to need to read and listen to a lot of it. But if you are like me and only speak French after a bottle & a half of Bordeaux (and poorly even then) you can check out the latest episode of the SoccerPlus podcast because it features an English-language interview with Montreal coach Jessie Marsch.

The headline here is that he says the club are still batting around the idea of making a play for Nicolas Anelka. I repeat, Nicolas “Not Claude” Anelka. Marsch says “it’s still a possibility” and they “haven’t closed the door on it.” It would be one hell of a get, much better than that raft of aged Italians that’s been bandied about as possible DPs. Plus with him being French he could actually understand what the local socceratti are writing about him.

On second thought maybe that’s not the best move for a player as, erm, emotional as Nico.

6 comments:

Mecra said...

I agree he's not called le sulk or whatever for nothing. I think they should definitely go for a Frenchman though and not an Italian!

Yvan said...

Good to see some Soccerplus love south of the border.

We'll try to bring in in a bit more "anglo" in it, for you ;-)

price per head service said...

I have wanted to learn more about particular topics, but not many websites would help me out in informing me the way I expected. This left me with many question, but after reading your article, I got an answer to all my questions. You are too cool dude!!!

Online betting said...

I wouldn't like Anelka to sign for them. I never thought he's a quality player and i don't think he deserves to play there. No offense but he's not that good technically plus he's aged now.

Rudra Singh said...

Stay updated with English premier league news. Here you find latest news of epl, EPL live results, epl images, top scorers and all the news of English Premier League.

English Premier League News

kajal pal said...

Chennai Super Kings | IPL Teams 2013 | Indian Premier League

Get latest news on Chennai Super Kings IPL 2013 Cricket Team at Indian premier league 2013 6th edition. Know more about Chennai Super Kings Team Player Profiles, News, Highlights, Match Schedule, scores etc.

http://www.onlinesportsworld.com/ipl-2013/teams/chennai-super-kings.html