10.12.2011

American Outlaws Plot Drunken Airlift for Brazil 2014

AOAIR

In what could be the most epic or disastrous move in the history of American soccer road-trips, the American Outlaws have chartered a large, 737-type plane to ferry its most hardcore and cash-flush members from the United States to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.

I love my Yanks and a good awayday as much as the next guy but I'm not sure that I could personally take a 10-14 hour international flight full of booze, rampant patriotism, people applying for their Mile High Club membership in the toilets and the same 5 songs being sung over & over again in a small contained space. Actually, when I see it written down it sounds pretty much amazing. Here's to hoping there is a livecam on board so that all us soccer-voyers can take in the inevitable madness from a safe distance.

11 comments:

Jason Davis said...

Anyone want to pay me to cover the flight?

Mingo said...

C'mon SF you gotta go with me!

Danny Beerseed said...

Sorry Davis... I've got this one.

SF said...

God help anyone who wants to "cover" this thing (myself included). No way you don't "go native" before crossing the equator.

Me Here said...

But what happens if...

Nah, I'm not gonna say it.

Yeah, okay, WHAT FRIKKING HAPPENS IF WE DON'T MAKE THE WORLD CUP??!

jim c said...

if its anything like every bus trip i've taken to nat'l team games, those toilets will be done for by the time the plane enters international airspace.

ERic said...

Having only ridden the light rail to Reliant with some of these crazies, I can definitively say that I'm too old for that shit.

I hope the cockpit has a solid lock on it.

Brian said...

@Me Here, from the link that SF included in the post:

"The down payment will be made to secure your spot, but will be refundable if the USMNT does not qualify. (Jurgen forbid)"

blog fan boy from usa v equ said...

yeeeeeaaahhhh nnoooooo.... 5 song over and over for hour??? and it would take #sectiondrama to the skys... ill pass love my AO but im thinking ill go regular.... unless it discounted tickets, then it might be too tempting.

Calpico said...

AO is a fucking joke.

Host PPH said...

thank you for flying outlaw air?? is this some kind of joke?? I mean the part flying outlaw air is so funny too me