4.27.2011

RSL Without Beckerman Tonight. Are You Scared?

KYLE Beckerman Real Salt Lake CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

I'm sure I'm supposed to be saying something grand and epic about RSL's massive match tonight but I kinda feel like it's all been said already so why write something fro the sake of it? I will say though that the absence of The Great Unwashed™ due to yellow card accumulation has the potential to open the door for Monterrey.

No offense to Ned Grabavoy or whoever takes his place in the middle but the Morales-Beckerman tandem is arguably the best central midfield combo in the league right now and their chemistry is the bedrock on which this team is built. I know Kreis doesn't have a choice but this is like introducing a new drummer to the bass player during soundcheck just before you record a live album at the Hollywood Bowl; you gotta do what you gotta do but there potential for a rhythmic disaster to be be seen by all and for eternity.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not scared. We can, and will win without Beckerman.

ERic said...

Not quite like during sound check. The band has had a few gigs with the new drummer.

Anonymous said...

Do Jinx it man this is our turn.

Anonymous said...

I mean Dont jinx it......

Me Here said...

Let me preface this by noting that I am weird and neurotic. But I have to confess that a lot of the thrill for tonight's game got drained for me by that Beckerman yellow card last week.

I mean, don't get wrong -- I'm still excited. But it's like the whole thing has had a stain on it since the 70th minute or whatever last week. Even if RSL wins handily tonight, it'll still kind of gnaw at my brain that they could have shown even more superiority or more strength or more skill. Here RSL has its biggest stage yet, and the team has been denied the opportunity to show itself at its finest.

But again, I'm kind of obsessive about stuff... so maybe it's just me. That said, it really would be nice if these tournaments could come up with different card-accumulation rules, to prevent this kind of scenario as much as possible. We all want these competitions to have a certain purity -- not steered by something so arbitrary as the discretion of various referees over multiple games.

Snap On Torque Wrench said...

I'm a certified Morales-Beckerman fan but if decisions has to go that way well I think we shall have to enjoy what we are about to see..but love to see Morales-Beckerman stillsan

Anonymous said...

And FSL shits their pants at home and the mexi-scum advance.

Becks said...

Looks like this was prophetic...

рестораны в барселоне said...

Quite effective material, lots of thanks for the article.

www.muebles-en-cadiz.com said...

To my mind everyone may read it.

xlpharmacy.com said...

Also I think that it is a huge lost but it one thing that I like about the soccer. key player can't be there and it make the game even more intereting.