2.24.2011

NSR: IT'S (FINALLY) TIME FOR A FUNERAL PARTY



A LITTLE OVER TWO YEARS AGO I MENTIONED SOME "SH*TTY LITTLE KIDS FROM EAST L.A." CALLED FUNERAL PARTY. I DUG THEM. STILL DO. UNFORTUNATELY FOR THE BAND MY COLLEAGUES AT MTV DID NOT.

AFTER SWITCHING LABELS, RECORDING IN THE MARS VOLTA'S STUDIO AND SURVIVING GIGS IN GANGLAND THEY ARE FINALLY READY TO RELEASE THEIR DEBUT ALBUM, "THE GOLDEN AGE OF NOWHERE"; IF YOU ARE READY FOR THE LEFT COAST'S ANSWER TO THE STROKES & THE RAPTURE WITH MORE MELODY & MELANIN BUT LESS MID-2000'S COCAINE STRUT, COP IT ON MARCH 29.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I've had this CD for a while now. I think I had downloaded a Japanese copy or something, but holy shit, it's a great CD. I've been to several shows out here in LA, they never disappoint. Great guys, smoked out one and bought another a beer. You should def check them out

Michael said...

FINALLY! BEEN LISTENING TO THE SINGLES THAT I WAS ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF...PROBABLY FROM THIS SITE!ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT WAS GOING ON.

ALL CAPS SOLIDARITY!

Jay said...

3:42 -- some jerk is ripping off http://picturesforsadchildren.com/

Also, the kids, they love what Darren Aronofsky stuck in front of them. Cameras on unicycles, they are locked to your belts.

a.ruiz said...

Crap, I really loved that single that you posted 2yrs ago. But the boys have become men, I dig it even more.
They sound sorta like zoe but way way way way way way way better.

a.ruiz said...

Oh and more than a hint of At The Drive-In.