2.10.2011

Mike Chabala ≠ Hater

Chabala

Shout out to the man Mike Chabala for lending his face to the NOH8 campaign because being an asshole isn’t cool.* I’ve always thought soccer was a little different than other sports in America because it seems less-saturated with that bullying, jock mentality that often permeates football, basketball, wrestling, UFC, slap-boxing, cock-fighting, etc. so maybe in some way his participation confirms my thinking. Or not. Either way he’s my dude for doing this. Respect.

*I know a thing or two about being an ass because unfortunately I have been one on occasion, even on this very blog. Hell, some people might think I’m being one at this very moment. My bad. I’ve been working on it and asking myself “what would classy-ass Bob Redford do?” before posting things in an effort to curb my periodic douchey episodes. Hopefully I can avoid these altogether sometime soon.

8 comments:

ericJ said...

I approve of this as well. Bravo sir.

Daria said...

...does he shave his pits?

Anonymous said...

So thinking that the legal benefits of marriage should be restricted to a man and a woman makes you an "asshole" or a "hater"?

Anonymous said...

no, depriving citizens of the united states a basic right and accompanying legal benefits does.

ericJ said...

Yes, yes it does make you an asshole. Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

There is a fundamental right to marry, yet, we have all these other restrictions. Consanguinity, age, bigamy, capacity to marry, etc. Strange that we've lasted this long with other restrictions, no? Not really. Lets make marriage really undefined now.

Brian said...

@Anon (above me) Are you the same type of person that says "Well hell if the gays are allowed to get married, then what's going to stop people from wanting to marry animals"?

puertas metalicas exterior said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of helpful info above!