11.11.2010

Ooooooooh Canada...

Teal

Oh Canada I have so much love for you. My favorite city on the continent resides within your borders (Montreal), my preferred icewine is Inniskillin and your ability to own firearms while simultaneously suppressing the urge to shoot everybody up is beyond reproach. So I feel a little bad for y'all for getting shafted on Teal Bunbury's international future.

But only a little...this is international soccer after all. So welcome Teal and sorry Canada. I will buy you a round next week in Toronto and you can cry all over my shoulder. Or punch me in my ample American gut.

9 comments:

Brian said...

I kinda feel bad for them (mostly because his Dad was a Canadian national team "star) but then again his Mom is American and he grew up in the US.

I just hope for Teal's sake he doesn't become the next Jeff Cunningham.

Glad to see we're swooping on these dual internationals though. We bagged like 4 of them in one roster.

JIM said...

I'm psyched to see Teal starting his full nat career so early. The kid can finish, and if he can get that part of his game up to that level before he's in his mid thirties we might have a real difference-maker on our hands.

dutchtwista said...

hope he does choose to play for the US but the South Africa friendly won't cap-tie him, fyi

Brian said...

@dutchtwista, you are correct but I believe he'd have to undergo a process like Jermaine Jones or Edgar Castillo did to switch to the USA.

Chad said...

Don't think he needs to petition for a change as he was never capped tied to the Canadian Nat'l team (just U-programs)

Oh, and see his response to the call up here

http://www.hillcrestroadblog.com/2010/11/bunbury-named-to-usa-squad.html

Rory said...

Well, Landycakes has a Canadian father...

Brian said...

@Chad, Sorry I meant he would have to petition FIFA for a change if in the future he wanted to play for Canada

Anonymous said...

this is bull on inside minnsota soccer he said he moved to minnsota when he was 14. Hes a just anohter back stabbing guttess canadian soccer player. who brings disrepect to his family name. N i will be excepting a round if ur in toronto to make up for this

muebles en jaen said...

In my opinion everybody should browse on this.