11.10.2010

NSR: Forget Black Ops, Hold Out for Homefront



I know that this may be sacrilege right now with the new Call of Duty game getting everyone from Charlie Davies to Sacha Kljestan all hot and bothered right now but the shooter I am waiting for is Homefront. It doesn't drop until February but maybe that's a good thing because you'll need a minute to get used to the concept of a U.S. military-themed FPS being set completely in an occupied United States.

True, CODMW2 touched on that theme but only for a few levels. For me those were the most tense, engaging and interesting bits of the game and I think for the first time ever a video game actually got into my head; it played with my patriotic tendencies enough that I actually felt some emotional need to repel the invaders from my land. Watching this trailer above for Homefront I think I'm going to be going down that road again.

And if you've ever though "why hasn't anyone made a video game of Red Dawn?" the single player mode of this game was written by John Milius, screenwriter for Red Dawn, Apocolypse Now and The Hunt for Red October. In shortThis sh*t is going to rule.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOLVERINES!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope this is good, there hasn't really been a good game that made you think what occupied America would be like since Freedom Fighters. (I guess CODMW2 did part of it's story that way.) This should be interesting to say the least...

Anonymous said...

I don't think anybody will touch Activision's CoD franchise. They just keep making soo much money. Buying one game a year or two is how most gamers do it. Buying three or four and it gets expensive.

So Homefront might have trouble getting the CoD fans over to their game.