11.22.2010

Love Note to Canada

Toronto

I'm tired. I'm dehydrated. I'm happy. I'm still in Toronto.

The Cup has come and gone but I've got one more night in the Republic of Canuckistan before returning home. If any Canadians are reading this I appreciate your hospitality and overall awesomeness. You love your footie, your streets are improbably clean and your street hot dogs are the pinnacle of drunken, late-night cuisine. If a nation could be "my dude" you would be it. Thanks for having me...let's get together again in Montreal in 2013.

5 comments:

Clayton John said...

yeah, they love their footie so much that they sell out mls cup. oh wait....

Anonymous said...

Clayton, don't be a hater. You're embaressing...

Anonymous said...

Gotta agree a bit with Clayton, but it's not a knock on Toronto.

For fuck's sake, MLS, you aren't the NFL. Put the final in a city that's gonna give a shit about it. Home field to the highest ranked team from season play. Why isn't this the case?

SF, can you shed any light here?

Anonymous said...

^^^^Pained me to look at all the empty seats, particularly towards the end of the game.

Binks said...

Great fans at the game, locals are always class and were a great bunch to be around and have some laughs with.

"We have healthcare, don't dive!" was the best chant I heard that evening.

I honestly hope they have the cup again. But with two franchises people give a shit about watching.