11.08.2010

Beckham Deemed Funny/Not Funny Enough for SNL

Becks

Allegedly there is an offer on the table for David Beckham to host Saturday Night Live. Apparently Lorne Micahaels' people saw that Ellen bit from a few weeks ago and think he'd be a good fit. Also, he can't be any worse at it than Deion Sanders was. As a fan of the sport of soccer and SNL I have nothing but the highest hopes that this will come to pass.

I do have a suggestion however. It would be cool if his monologue began with something like "I'm David Beckham, this is my first time hosting SNL. I play soccer for the reigning MLS Cup champions, the LA Galaxy." That's sounds much better than "I'm David Beckham and I play for the LA Galaxy, who were top of the table all year thrn lost in final to a team from Colorado you've never heard of." Not that LA needs any more motivation to win a trophy but please do it so MLS can get a mention on SNL where it isn't the butt of the joke.

Also, you should remake "Dick in a Box" but with the box in question being the 18 yarder. The ladies and homosexualists might appreciate that I reckon.

1 comment:

Brian said...

"thrn lost in final to a team from Colorado you've never heard of"

Your way of coping SF? Hahaha