The Ballad of Gale Agbossoumonde

Didi you know that Traffic Sports --owners of the USL/NASL/D2/Whatever It's Called League team Miami FC-- own USMNT debutant Gale Agbossoumonde's contract? I didn't until I read this ESPN piece and I am fascinated by it. If you haven't read it yet you must. It's some sad sh*t but beyond interesting. Major props to Leander on this one.


Anonymous said...

Frustrating and sad and not mitigated by his limited time on the pitch in SA today.

And due to the fact of his being out of club and therefore out of shape.

Herculez Gomez comes to mind ... I mean, hell of an effort to stay in shape even without a team, but this getting bounced from club to club is a different kind of toil.

coachie ballgames said...

what. a. goal. today.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how legal this contract to Traffic Sports is. There are a lot of things that are allowed in other countries that US law might protect you from. I know it's not necessarily exploitation, as the contract was signed willingly, but the idea that a 3rd party can own your rights as a player (in the US) seems odd.

Anonymous said...

Clavijo has a lot of nerve criticizing USSoccer while fronting for this scam.

I agree that a good lawyer should be able to get Gale out of this mess.