10.26.2010

Most Disturbing Unfounded Rumor of the Day: Frings to MLS

Frings

When RBNY signed Rafa Marquez I was kind of bummed but I've got over my sh*t fairly quickly -most likely due to the fact that the club is winning for the most part. But if they ever signed Torsten Frings, who says he wants to come to New York, I just don't know if I could take it. All they would need to be the most hated club in American soccer would be to pick up Jim Rome on a free transfer and assign Koman Coulibaly and Hugh Dallas to officiate every match.

11 comments:

TBE said...

Noooo. This one makes me want to vomit. I was OK with Marquez, but not this guy.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahhaahahahaertyguhlidvksdfvdvbdvkbjdvkeruv! hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll be 'that guy'... what's wrong with Frings? He the Marquez of Germany or something?

Anonymous said...

Anon, you might want to go back and watch the US vs Germany in 2002.

Chris in Des Moines said...

2002 quarterfinals.

nonickname said...

2002? Boo effin hoo, Frings (right arm and all) is a solid player. Not a RB fan by any means but he'd be a good fit, although he's still good enough for Europe so it ain't happening anytime soon.

nonickname said...

sorry left arm...for some reason I remembered it going to his right.

master LEO said...

Whose currently the most hated club in America? LA?

Brian said...

If anyone can forget about it, it's you Red Bulls fans.

Kaiser said...

So you will root for Marquez, but not Frings. Doesn't make whole lot of sense. Sure Frings cheated, but Marquez attacked national team players...repeatedly.

Bottom line, Frings would control MLS midfields, and be a great addition.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, how can you not appreciate that level of talent? Sure, I watch more bundesliga then most gringos (epl is another league - not the only league), but he's great. Past his prime, sure.

But, solid improvement to the league.