10.07.2010

I'm Going to Show You This Pele Thing But...



...this is the last time I mention anything Cosmos related until these fools pony up and announce that they have a team. Until then I'll be sitting quietly in my grubby little corner of Blogspot ruing the sad devalutation of one of the most storied names in American soccer history. While I admittedly support a team that is one of the most brand-focused entities in the domestic game, this marketing exercise for a team that doesn't exist has grown very tiresome, very quickly.

2 comments:

Jude Ellery said...

I'm disappointed he never played in Europe- Maradona proved he was one of the best by doing so, but Pele never did. Still, I think he was the best anyway...

Jude Ellery
Editor, www.footballfarrago.com

JL said...

SHIT!!! He speaks English! Did not know that.

Jude, I think Santos - with the help of the Brazilian government - did something to avoid having Euro teams from buying him. Can't remember where I read it. If I find it, i'll post it here.