10.19.2010

Grant Wahl x Thierry Henry

TITI

I doubt there is a "Henry Experiment" book in the works but if there was it would probably read something like Grant Wahl's piece in SI this week on RBNY's resident Frenchman Thierry Henry (who some say will be even better than NY's last French player, Elie Ikangu). It's a good, insightful read on one of the league's big names but I'm feeling like the timing is awkward as it falls at a time when fans are starting to ask questions about TiTi.

Coming off of the heels of a no-show in Philly it kind of feels like dude is something of a part-timer (partially due to fitness & injuries). I have a lot of love for the man but if I'm being honest I need him to come out on-fire in the playoffs to rekindle the love affair. Without sounding too much like Carles, I'm feeling a little "meh" about dude right now. Please prove me wrong TiTi, please.

[UPDATE: Dude may be out for the playoffs. Am I gonna have to wait until 2011 to exhale.]

6 comments:

coachie ballgames said...

for reals tho?
le boo.

Brian said...

Whatever. I'd still take any of the 4 west teams over NYRB

SF said...

4? There are six and I think 3 of them are defo better than RBNY right now, one that is equal to RBNY and another two that are capable of beating them.

SF said...

4? There are six and I think 3 of them are defo better than RBNY right now, one that is equal to RBNY and another two that are capable of beating them.

Brian said...

The 4 Western teams that will actually be playing in the Western Conference. RSL is just plain scary. No explanation needed there. As a Galaxy fan, I'm glad we won't see them until the Western Conference Final. And of course that is assuming we beat Seattle, which is something that I'm a little scared about right now, given their recent run of form. FC Dallas had an unbeaten streak going all the way back to May that was just recently ended by RSL, but they will only get better with Hartman coming back.

As for my Galaxy, they haven't been playing that great lately, but if they can get it together, you and every other MLS fan knows they are capable of beating anybody.

Anonymous said...

"but if they can get it together, you and every other MLS fan knows they are capable of beating anybody."

Yeah... just like every other team in the league is capable of doing. Parity. It's what's for dinner.