Basking in What Passes for Glory in the Jaded Kingdom of Taurine


Good morning America! How the hell are ya? I'm great. My team is not as bad as usual and have finished the season at the top of the Eastern Conference for the first time since...let's just say it's been a long-ass time.

But even though I'm feeling good I'm not going to get too ahead of myself because being top of the East does not mean what it has in past years. Seriously, the conference is so sad & busted this year it's almost like they replaced 4 or 5 of the clubs with D3 teams in some sort weird, soccer version of the Pepsi Challenge just to see if anyone could tell the difference.

Basically my boys are the kings of the MLS short bus...but I'll take it. So if y'all don't mind I'm going to just bask in this until we end up facing Seattle, Dallas or (shudder) RSL in the post-season and get our balloon popped from the West. But until then, I'm rockin'.

1 comment:

Steve said...

The ridiculous part is that you won't have to face FCD, RSL, LA, or the Sounders until the final.
MLS seriously needs to rethink the existence of conferences. This year there's essentially an A-bracket and a B-bracket.