8.17.2010

RBNY x Harrison + Newark Restaurants = Happiness










Last Wednesday I took my missus to her biannual trip to see the Red Bulls; she loves me and all but she's more into snowboarding, surfing and skating...not much love for team sports. We were joined by her sister and our brother-in-law, avowed fans of any sport God has ever deigned to let man invent. Before the match we hit Boi Na Brassa in Newark's Ironbound for a feast of meats so beautiful you almost don't want to eat them.

Neither of them had ever been to said restaurant or the Ironboud for that matter but now that they've been I don't think I'll have to do more than offer before they say "oh hell yes". I'm not the only person that has had this experience; it seems like every RBNY fan I know has taken a few newbies to Red Bull Arena, wowed them with pre or post-game food & drinks and now don't have to convince them to go to a game...something you almost always had to do to the uninitiated in the Giants Stadium days.

Anyway, as much as the fans love the restaurants in the area, the restaurant owners probably love the fans more. Check out MSG Network's look at the relationship between Red Bull Arena and the local businesses; apparently the way to a soccer fan's heart is through the stomach.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

video dun work fo' me. you got a direct link?

Anonymous said...

...stop for a post game drink...and then they drive home...

SF said...

http://video.msg.com/Home/The-Impact-of-Red-Bulls-Arena

centino67 said...

Great that local restaurants are being patronized by all the Red Bull fans who either drive or train in to Harrison/Ironbound on game day. Now lets see the locals themselves reciprocate by attending a few games at a beautiful stadium in their own back yard. From what I can tell so far, seems like one-way traffic.

Cindy said...

truth though! my friends have loved any of the places i've taken them in the Ironbound before a game! so good!

Christopher said...

I'm not sure a lot of locals have made it over yet, but I always get little snippets of interest "what time is the match tonight?", "do they still have tickets?", "what was the score?".

I think those people will eventually end up at a match.

Luis said...

Jealous. Really, jealous.

Go Quakes!

Anonymous said...

beautiful stadium. good team. and what a piece of a$$ tina is.

posicionamiento web said...

Pretty worthwhile piece of writing, much thanks for the post.

muebles zamora said...

Very helpful info, thank you for your article.