7.05.2010

Brek Shea Heir To Mathis & Beckham

Brek

I always sort of thought that Brek Shea's hair kind of signaled that he had this rebellious streak in him that belied his College Station, TX roots (if you don't know, College Station is the home Texas A&M University and is very, um, non-progressive). Typically dude rocks some fried, dyed and laid to the side looks worthy of inclusion in a Sigue Sigue Sputnik album cover. But on Saturday night against K.C. he came out looking like Justified-era J.T. and convinced me that he's not a rebel, he just don't give a damn.

He don't give a damn how the Philadelphia Police Dept. feels about white dudes with cornrows. He don't give a damn that David Beckham rocked the same look to tragic results back in the day. And he sure as hell don't give a damn that some random dude on blogspot says about it.

I appreciate this quality in the kid; we need young, American players who are flamboyant off the field as well as on it. I know I've gone on-and-on about it in the past but we need another Clint Mathis, we need more personalities. We need somebody that can ball out of control both in the 18 on Saturday evening and in a room full of 18 year-olds on Saturday night. Be that dude Brek, be that dude.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, progressivism is simply statism under another name. Statism is the enemy of self-expression, individualism and liberty. While I get what you're saying about College Station, your implied foray into a political comment is silly and naive. Both sides of our bull $hit political system are destructive of individualism and freedom.

Edumacate yourself and start to live and think outside the status quo. Try lewrockwell.com for starters.

Alan said...

I think what SF was trying to say is that College Station peoples feel that the South shall rise again and/or clutch their purses tightly when they are around people of color.

Anonymous said...

>my face when the tea party invaded one of my favorite corners of the internet

Anonymous said...

Hey! There are plenty of places on the internet to fight that out, TOR is not one of them so get lost dudes! Now let's get back to brek and his how shall I call it...ridiculous hair style...I dont know what was worse, Dallas attendance that nite for fireworks or his hair!!!

SF said...

Anon 1:57-

I'm not talking about politics so please don't say that I am. I'm saying that College Station is not the place where you typically see bleach-blonde mohawked dudes. That's it.

JL said...

Anon 1:57 - although you seem to be a very intelligent person and willing to educate people, you should not associate your arrogance to the hard working people who contribute to lewrockwell.com


SF; It's great to see athletes move from the whole political correctness drowning this country. Here, racism comes from all colors. It's good that Brek isn't afraid to express himself.

Anonymous said...

SF - This is Anon 1:57. I gotcha. I enjoy your blog, never miss a post. I guess I read too much into that. I shouldn't have brought it up, but I inferred the tired old left vs. right, Repub. vs. Dem. battle that never ends. I'm just sick and tired of it. I'm 100% behind individualism and self-expression and I salute you for bringing attention to Brek's lettuce. Again, I enjoy the blog. Keep up the good work.

JL - I'm not sure what you mean by not associating my arrogance to the hard working people who contribute to lewrockwell.com. I'm not sure how one associates arrogance, but does that mean I just did a disservice to Lew's site by digging free expression? Or does it mean that Lew's site sucks? Or does it mean I'm an idiot?

It's number three right? ;)

I've no air conditioning right now and I"m sweating like a stuck pig. Forgive me...

Anonymous said...

White guy blond corn rows.... dosent work. Go home whitey!

Anonymous said...

You vatos take your posts too serious.
Do your thang, SF.

Muthaf***in,
ELAC

Anonymous said...

haha, he doesn't dye his hair, it's just naturally like that. and he did the cornrows to be funny, obviously he wasn't being serious about it. so to whoever said that the cornrows "don't work for him", you're right, they don't, and that was the point. :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the article until I got to the COMMENTS. Then it was just like a bad train wreck I couldnt look away from.

Anyway~ With skills like Brek has, he can do whatever he wants to with his hair in my book!!