6.08.2010

They Tried Make Gooch go to Rehab and He Said "Let's Go, Go, Go"



I'm going to admit something that may result in me losing several readers but I am more than OK with that because unlike some folks who like to talk soccer on the web I really could give a rat's ass about traffic; this is art cotdamnit! So here is my confession: I love Coldplay. It's shocking, I know.

But for all their knicker-melting sincerity and hummable tunes there is the bad side to Coldplay: their success now makes paino-laden sad-bastard music a must for any quasi-emotional story committed to video. Half-way through this clip we get to hear the sad sounds of some Chris Martin-esque ivory tinkling as Gooch undergoes what what surely a brutal rehab regiment in Delaware. Personally I think we need the workout classic "Eye of the Tiger" on blast while he's busting his ass to be ready for South Africa, but that's just me.

7 comments:

S. Andon said...

So, is he going to start?

SF said...

My gut says no but maybe Bradley is just being cagey and holding him back so it's something of a surprise.

S. Andon said...

Agility-wise he doesn't seem ready, but I can't help but think about - when he's been healthy (like at the Confed Cup) - how well he can take up space and block shots in the box.

Rob T. said...

That was very brave of you to admit, Mr. Francis.

I must confess that as an impressionable youth, I took a liking to "Yellow."

Viva la vida didn't help.

Brian said...

Gooch is a warrior! And he's gonna start, I know it.

dakota said...

I also love Coldplay.

Alan said...

I went to Coldplay's free show at MSG a few years ago; BF got tix. I was standing there thinking, "Wow, I must be the only person in this audience that is not into them".

Don't get me wrong, they are good live.