Last Night's Party: U.S. Open Cup Edition

So check out the clip above. Last night at Red Bull Arena I was standing at the top of Section 101 after a trip to the concession stand when New York earned a free kick against New England. I said to my buddy Adam who was standing next to me, "I should take out my camera on the off chance they score here." And that's exactly what happened. He then looked at me and said "you should take that thing out more often."

But it's all about being in the right place at the right time....which really is all about luck. But I wasn't trying to hear that and I got a little overconfident and tried to replicate my feat a few minutes later and almost lost my head for it.

What's the point of this bullsh*t story? Don't be a cocky sumbitch; you may get knocked the hell out by a fast-moving ball for it.


Anonymous said...

hahah thats some good stuff SF. I always tape the free kicks near s8 hoping someone scores. Ive gotten lucky a few times but it's never out of the blue like yours. Nice 2nd vid too


Anonymous said...

Wow, that was you? I was watching that game on the Red Bulls site. Crazy.