4.09.2010

Video: Epicly Long, Completely Excellent Chicago Fire Ad



Good Lord in Heaven if I wasn't already booked for a trip to Illadelphia tomorrow night I think I might actually consider making a trip to Chicago. Not that I have any rooting interest in the Fire or their opposition but I'll be damned if this 2 minute promo for tomorrow's match doesn't make me want to open up my wallet for the Fire. Bravo to whoever put this one together; work of this quality is rarely seen in MLS club advertising circles.

12 comments:

Ricky B said...

Hans Zimmer's score from "The Dark Knight" is doing a lot of the work in that video, but you're absolutely right, it's very effective, a great ad. I'd like to see more like it from the rest of MLS. Dubious production values have long been the rule for far too many MLS promo efforts, so this is encouraging (as is the great TV ad promoting the opening of Red Bull Arena).

G said...

After watching this ad, I kind of feel bad for SJ Earthquakes.

JBentley7 said...

Real Salt Lake had some sweet ads last year.

Limo said...

that was aweeessoommeee

OleGunnar20 said...

not a fire fan but damn, that was frakin' epic.

mls, more of this please ... less of two guys who screwed up your website release rambling mindlessly in front of a window ... mkaythxby.

vik said...

Wow, and I thought nothing could possibly motivate me to watch a game involving the quakes.

Anonymous said...

LEGIT

prezoftheboroughboys said...

aaayyyeeeeee the batman music!

b00zenyc said...

Dark Knight rip off, but i still like it. They forgot to add the result in NY though.

Anonymous said...

SF, you should add an instant classic label for this

ThisIsVictorKim said...

I was really disappointed to not see Christian Bale at the end of that commercial...

ubs said...

that guy needs to run the mls website...
STARTING YESTERDAY