4.13.2010

Random Thoughts From D.C. - Philly: Part 2



Earlier today I mentioned the D.C. supporters who went to Philly this past weekend and it has been pointed out to me that I did not mention the locals. So without further adieu here are a few scenes from the S.O.B.'s pre-game throwdown at McFadden's, complete with facepainters and even a mayor or two.

Obviously these guys and girls had waited quite a while to host their first pre-game blowout and they certainly didn't cut any corners with an indoor/outdoor affair complete with a band, plenty of loud drunks and some of the cutest bartenders you might ever lay eyes on. There were also jello shots at 1 in the afternoon, which really is more of a 1am thing than a 1pm thing but who am I to judge?

4 comments:

Prince Buster said...

I'm a DC United supporter but I congratulate the SOB's on finally getting their team...and on their win (painful though it was for us).

I think we're gonna have a helluva rivalry.

Jared said...

Good for the S'sOB for getting so many people together, but was this at McFadden's the chain pub? If so, I'm a bit disappointed (unless it's the only bar near the stadium, then I'm just marginally instead of a bit disappointed). And good job with the NYRB membership card SF, well played.

Faux Fur and Soccer Shirts said...

"I think the DC guys have a little more class than the NY guys"

Match, meet powder keg.

Mr. Fish said...

Seriously. Right back at you, Philthy fans...