4.20.2010

NSR: R.I.P. Guru



One of the greatest MC's of all time, Guru, passed away last night following a lengthy bout with cancer. He was one of the few MC's to really touch me back in the day and his passing is a loss for hip hop heads worldwide. And as I just found out on Thursday that my old man has been diagnosed with colon cancer this is almost a little too poignant for me right now.

But this ain't about me, it's about the man who was one of those rare MC's who could deliver the illest lines in a manner that was so smooth that you (or it's intended victim) probably wouldn't be offended. He was jazzhead. He was a pioneer. He was the G.O.A.T. He was Guru.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much respect. Rip. Keep your head up SF

Anonymous said...

Healing thoughts and energy from Weehawken NJ.

joel said...

Rip, one of the best ever.

Cindy said...

RIP to Guru, most definitely.

and thoughts and prayers with your family and you SF.

Jamie said...

Thoughts and prayers, SF.

Ryan said...

Praying for your dad, SF. Keep your head up.

SF said...

Thanks y'all. Appreciate it.