4.03.2010

Patrick Nyarko Was a Diver and He Was Always Down

Get Microsoft Silverlight

Should I give Chicago's Patrick Nyarko the first Greg Louganis Award for Diving Excellence™ of the 2010 season?. If he's not diving there dude's tripping over his own feet. And if he's tripping that bad over his own feet I'm going to recommend that you avoid choosing Pat Boogie as your partner for waltzing, box-stepping and any other dancing that involves a partner.

Having said all that he did earn a point for his team with his antics so I really can't knock the hustle; real competitors do what they have to do I guess.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interpol FTW!

Cindy said...

ditto that ^

and that was a horrendous dive!

Blake said...

I assume it was probably a gust of wind hitting his weird-shaped head juuuuuust right. Man I love Nyarko.

Kea said...

Are all soccer players catholics? I thought they only did that spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch thing in latin america, but evidently nyarko and mcbride are in on that shit too.

Anonymous said...

Whoa nice Interpol reference!

Anonymous said...

I gotta say I am disappointed in Nyarko. I used to watch him play at Tech and had a class with him. He is a great player and doesnt need to be doing this bull shit.

Anonymous said...

The guy won the PK. If your complaining about diving, you should look no further than Clark on the Rapids. Dude got pushed, took 2 steps then jumped in the air looking for a PK. The ref gave him a yellow. Nyarko cut infront of Wynn and he clipped is leg and he went down. No dive in my eyes.

Anonymous said...

wow that was definatly not a dive, he was clearly clipped, maybe not intentionally but he was still clipped, if you want to point someone out for diving how about colin clarke. He attempted one of the worst dives I have ever seen! yet for some reason youre calling nyarko out for diving, when he was sprinting full speed and was clearly clipped, anyone would go down like that at that speed with the slightest contact.