3.11.2010

NSR: The Return of Tecmo Bowl

TECMO

I know the photo above may be shocking to some but I assure you that your man SF has not made a move to the more profitable world of pointyball blogging. So before you rub your eyes raw with disbelief please understand that this post is about one of the most monumental things to happen to video gaming (for those of us who can remember when controllers only had 2 buttons anyway) since the Contra code.

Tecmo Bowl is coming back people. I know a lot of you Madden junkies could care less but if you lament the death of old-school, simplified, scrolling-screen football games this news is as good as a "you tested negative" call from the free clinic. According to Uncrate, it will be available as a download this spring on Xbox Live Arcade & the PlayStation Network and feature customizable teams and rosters along with the ability to switch between 2D or 3Dviews.

I'm so stoked. If my brother is reading this, you better get ready fool; I'm about to run Walter Payton all over your ass like it was 1989.

8 comments:

tfina said...

Oh, this is just fantastic

Derek said...

So excited for this.

New NBA Jam coming soon as well...

Fantastic.

KCB said...

Now they just need to remake NASL Soccer and I'm good.
http://www.intellivisiongames.com/gamepage.php?gameId=62

Anonymous said...

good post, i'm going to have to check this out

Anonymous said...

Now they just need to bring back Mutant League Football.

Jamie said...

Now if they bring back Bo Jackson along with it, I'm sold.

Anonymous said...

. . . Madden junkies "couldn't" care less . . .

You're one of my favorite bloggers, so you're welcome for the assist!

b00zeNYC said...

Spent my better gaming days trash talkin' & slingin' 300 yard passin / 100 yards receiving glory screens using JRice & the Niners while my cuz tried one uppin me with Emmitt & 100 yard rushing bs. Best shit I read this week, salud SF.