2.14.2010

And The Winner for Best Docudrama: Soccer Catergory is..



...Rohan Blair-Mangat for A Night at the Emirates. I'm no Gooner --not that there is anything wrong with that-- but this is exquisite stuff that deserves the highest of praise. It also deserves 5 minutes of your time and a repost or Tweet if you have one to spare.

According to the filmmaker "A Night At The Emirates is a unique and immerssive documentary. Shot with a single camera on the 10th February 2010 during the game against Liverpool, the film is about the Arsenal matchday experience from the perspective of the fans." I would agree with that description but would add that it's pretty bad-ass as well; Mr. Blair-Mangat may wish to be modest but I will gladly behave immodestly on his behalf.

8 comments:

Andy said...

AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

who were the nominees?

And unfortunately I do not have any tweets or posts to spare - sorry.

Jeff said...

can't get enough of this

Free Beer Movement said...

Great film. Disgraceful handball by Cesc.

Will definitely feature this on our site.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. As a Liverpool fan, I appreciate the part when Stevie goes up to take a corner, and one Gooner admits, "I can't boo him ... I can't boo him."

Respect.

Anonymous said...

Truly remarkable piece of work. Thank you for the link.

a. Ruiz said...

I'd boo him, the diving pos.

Brian said...

Whoa....uhhhh handball there by Cesc? How is that not called?

@ The Above Anonymous Liverpool fan, I'd imagine that the Gooner says he can't boo Stevie G because he is probably an English national team fan. Probably similar to the treatment LD gets here playing away at other MLS teams.