1.26.2010

Keller Says What Others Are Thinking

BaldPeople

"I don’t know the full story. I’m a player, I’m not in management. (But) I think when you’re under contract you’re supposed to be where you’re supposed to be for the team that holds your contract. And if something gets worked out, it has to be worked out with the club that holds your contract. You don’t as a player get your choice to say what you’re going to do and how you’re going to do it.”

Personally, I wouldn't have used the word "blasts" in the headline of this story about Freddie Ljungberg not reporting for camp but I guess if you're a copy editor I imagine you're sort of trained to go big whenever possible.

That aside, Keller kind of has a point here. I mean seriously y'all, (real talk alert.) do you think someone like...I don't know...let's say Taylor Graham could get away with that? Highly unlikely. About as likely as me calling my missus from a beach in the south of France to say "I think I'm going to stick around here a few days longer, see if any of the ladies here are interested while you sort out your issues. You can figure out what to do with the kids" and not ending up in divorce court.

10 comments:

Jay-Five said...

Did you expect anything less from the guy that West Ham promised to keep paying if he would just please go away.

Anonymous said...

He and Seattle were MADE for each other!

And, yes, I mean that in the most insulting way possible.

ericJ said...

Ha, this post is such comedy because people don't keep up with the news.

paulsepp said...

Bald people are never to be trusted. Just like the flounders who pipe in crowd noise and sing chants fed to them by the scoreboard.

ericJ said...

The hate feels like love,keep it coming.

manuel said...

I know I am
I'm sure I am
Sounders till I die

You other teams sound jealous that we sell out every game when you guys have 5,000 vs a good team. Take barca when they came. 70k fans there 90% sounders

Hi haters

Anonymous said...

Insufferable much? Give it a rest 'till you've been in the league for at least 5 years and have won something besides a cup that no one else tries for...

EricJ said...

Tell that to portland.

Alan said...

Keller layin the law down!

The 12th Man said...

Keller has ever right to vocalize his opinions but I think he jumped the gun.

To find out what really happened check out my blog post on the matter:

http://thetwelfthmanblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/ljungberg-will-return-to-seattle.html