11.17.2009

Fat Fashion: When Your Love of Soccerwear & Butter Collide

USShirt

Can I take a minute to testify? Thank you. I'm now 33 years old with little time for exercise and a penchant for rich cheeses and savory meats. It is for this very reason that I possess a body type that could be described as "rotund" and why many soccer jersey's come off like meat casing on my frame.

So tomorrow when I root, root, root for the Yanks I will not be wearing a U.S. kit but the shirt above: it conveys the message that I am A) a U.S. soccer supporter and B) somewhat fashionable while leaving something about my burgeoning belly to the imagination. I know I am not alone in my love of all things U.S. Soccer and bacon-wrapped______ so if you find yourself embroiled in the same struggle as your man SF, go to Soccerpro.com and get yourself sorted with one of these Nike “Don’t Tread on Me” shirts (or perhaps another one of their soccer shirts if you have an irrational fear of snakes printed on 100% cotton).

Now if you'll excuse me, I think there is a cake in the office pantry that needs my attention. Don't you judge me.

4 comments:

sublicon said...

Shawn, it's called "More to Love" not "Rotund" . . c'mom man, have some self respect! ;)

Cap Ap said...

Hey SF - I think the second part of your post is done in black font. Not showing on the main page...

FYI...

Congrats on the new gig!

Christopher Barker said...

Can we get *that* US Soccer crest back, please?

Cindy said...

that's a really hot shirt though, big up! i like it