10.30.2009

MLS Playoffs 2009: Seattle v. Houston



When you say to the uninitiated that you just watched a really exciting nil-nil game they tend to look at you in manner that suggests you are not all there; for them it's like going to Vegas and not gambling. But if you know what's what, a scoreless draw is akin to two blind-folded guys fighting; they may never land a punch but the near misses are what make it entertaining.

Remember U.S.-Argentina at Giants Stadium? Sh*t was classic. Not a goal in sight but I have never sang so loud and so long in my life (or in a downpour). Last night's match wasn't quite as epic (from TV at least but those in the stands might think otherwise) but it was certainly a fine example of the titillating tie. If you missed the match check the highlights above. And to you non-believers I say "yes"; yes you can have highlights from a scoreless match.

3 comments:

ERic said...

To the non-believers I say "What the heck are you doing on TOR?";)

SF said...

^^^

You would be shocked my dude, shocked...

Brian said...

Pretty exciting game, especially with all the atmosphere and all the tussling going on between the two teams.

Maybe it's just me but the quality of the pitch seemed terrible. Almost every through ball to a player on the wing rolled over the touch line or the byline. Such great stadium and fans, I wish it was grass though.