9.08.2009

NSR: Muse "Undisclosed Desires"



A few weeks ago we discussed Editors and there newly-acquired penchant for New Order-esque electronic noodling. The jury seemed to be split on whether their new direction is awesome or appalling and I'll expect nothing but the same after you hear Muse's latest which is very reminiscent of Strangelove-era Depeche Mode. Add these two to Kanye's unlikely position as the new Pet Shop Boys and the stage is set for someone to come along and complete the circle by rehashing the dancefloor brutalism of Nitzer Ebb any day now.

8 comments:

Faux Fur and Soccer Shirts said...

I thought this was a little odd, until I realized it was Muse, not Mew.

MemRook said...

Well, I for one and super stoked about Muse's new cd, The Resistance. They're sound always blows my mind. Love it.

MemRook said...

Or in fact "THEIR" sound blows my mind.

Milo said...

Just listened to a leaked copy of The Resistance and I have to say it's their best album yet, better than Origin of Symmetry (One of my favorite albums)

cesba said...

This song is great!

pedrostar said...

sounds like...Kenna?

Anonymous said...

When I first heard this song I thought the same exact thing...Kenna

Jason said...

I thought it was Kenna as well. It totally sounds like Kenna's style.