9.24.2009

Fulham: A Proper Football Club



If there were ever to be an Academy Award for Best Dramatic Youtube Clip - Soccer Catergory this would have to be it's inaugural recipient. Obviously I didn't grow up with the club but as someone who had the honor and privilege of frequenting Craven Cottage when there were still terraces and Eddie Lewis was occupying the role of "Little-Used American" currently being played by Eddie Johnson, this really affected me. No matter where your club allegiances lie, this is powerful stuff; if you can make it through all 6 minutes without almost crying into your keyboard you are a robot. Or Jim Rome.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've got some dust in my eye...

Anonymous said...

damn these allergies...

Anonymous said...

wtf i wanted to cry and i hate this club....

Rene said...

When McBride and Blackmouth made their way to Fulham, I started following this team. My passion for the club has increased steadily since then, and this may just have doubled it. Awesome video.

paulsepp said...

Brian McBride, Brain McBride, oh how we love Brian McBride. Awesome video. My team is moving to the MLS and I worry that some of the greatest aspects of the club, player access, intimacy and respect for the fans may change.

FULHAM FC

sublicon said...

damn, mad late...old ass video.

Barrak said...

I think Roy Hodgson rapes horses and even I was getting misty by the end.

SF said...

"damn, mad late...old ass video."

It's a new one to me (and apparently some others). I treat it like Sharon Stone and put all that age sh*t aside because it just so good looking.

afrim said...

as a neutral EPL fan this is why i always root for the underdogs on saturdays (anyone who plays against the big 4)

Adam said...

those inflatable toy-weilding fans are friends of Rich over at Craven Cottage Newsround. met them at my one visit to Craven. hilarious.

Julian said...

There must be dust everywhere cuz I got something in my eye too.