A list of the most paranoid and possibly cuckoo things I have heard or read this week that have me wondering how long it will be until Scully & Mulder are arrested by security in the tunnel at HDC:
- ACES, the most diabolical haters this side of the Playa Haters Ball, claim that the crowd noise in Seattle may piped in.
- Over beers at a bar, a friend wondered aloud if the reason that Juan Carlos Osorio and Jeff Agoos are inexplicably employed, and still signing random defenders (with only 1 healthy forward on the roster) is that this season's failure is Red Bull's soft-sell version of the fan-purging tactics used in the Salzburg takeover?
- Staying in Red Bull land, I read that ESC was purposely not mentioned in NBC4 NY's piece on Red Bull Arena in favor of the more kid-friendly Raging Bull Nation.
- That MLS will buy the USL, pilfer Montreal and Minnesota, then turn what's left into a reserve league.
- Jesus "Gringo" Padilla: shipped out of Guadalajara to help Chivas USA or to keep Chivas de Guadalajara properly Mexican (because he is actually an American)?
- That Bakary Soumare and Denis Hamlett's locker room bust-up was due to Soumare having checked out and is already packing his bags mentally for France.