8.13.2009

Gossip: Fredy Montero Loan Buyout Rumor

Fredy

Now this is interesting. In one of the most epic games of "telephone" this blog is likely to see, Jose Romero's Sounders FC Blog is reporting that Colombian site Enlajugada is saying that Fredy Montero is no longer on loan and is now MLS property and TOR is now passing the savings on to you. If true --if-- it's a bold and badass move for the league to lock up some young foreign talent before the Europeans come sniffing around again (and believe me they will). The $10million dollar question is "what sort of transfer fee did they pay?"; there's no way Deportivo Cali is letting a guy like that walk for free (but then again if I am Deportivo Cali why would I have loaned him out in the first place?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"but then again if I am Deportivo Cali why would I have loaned him out in the first place?"

That's what I keep on saying?! Why did they let this guy go? on a free?!!

www.teresaestevez.com said...

Thank you for this post, really worthwhile info.