6.19.2009

NSR: Phoenix Rising Over NYC



I'm supposed to go see Phoenix tonight but I may take a pass as I am a bit under the weather and would like to recover in time to tailgate the RBNY-Seattle match tomorrow. But just because I'm not seeing them doesn't mean you can't; yesterday the Frenchies did Letterman (see above), my day job and a gig in Brooklyn so there is plenty of video to go around.

Of particular interest to me is how aloof the singer is (and you would be too if you were Sophia Coppola's partner/baby daddy and had homes in Santa Barbara, New York & Versailles, FR) and how intense the drummer is (he seems to have studied under Animal from The Muppet Show). I love the dichotomy.

4 comments:

Nick Poleto said...

He's not aloof, he's French. As for the drummer, Animal Drummer is hilarious and his black/white stripe shirt makes me miss living on the LES. That said, 1901 and Lisztomania are amazing songs!

Fish said...

Man... wish I could go see Phoenix. Nothin' around here though. You New Yorkers get all the good shows. 'Least I get Sonic Youth in a few weeks.

pedrostar said...

saw them in boston last week. frickin awesome! band manager gave out free tix. and the drummer, yea, he looks like carlton from fresh prince.

Dillon said...

YOu work on the Alexa Chung show? A true babe.