4.23.2009

T.O.R. Officially Has Beef with Carey Talley



Memphis, TN has some good BBQ...I won't/can't deny that. But the best in the world? "The world", as in the whole of earthly creation? Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiit. You can't tell me that Kansas City, St. Louis, the state of North Carolina, and even the Parliamentary Republic of Mongolia don't have something to say about that statement. And do I even have to mention the great state of Texas?

I challenge you Carey Talley, I challenge you to meet me in lot 16A of Giants Stadium on 8/15 and sample the world's finest courtesy of Lockhart, TX's infamous Kreuz Market. I'll even let you have your pick of beef or their famous sausage. I defy you, no I dare you, to even try to say with a straight face that it ain't the most succulent thing you have ever tasted...including victory!

11 comments:

newman said...

beef and sausage are championship caliber in the premiership of BBQ. pulled pork is the only thing that qualifies, the rest - while quality in their own way- are relegated.

its why memphis is the king of BBQ. pulled pork, sweet sauce (not that vinegar based ish from carolina), and a lotta soul.

Greg said...

I don't eat BBQ outside of the city limits of Memphis. It's hands down the best in the world - pulled pork and sweet sauce indeed. Throw a little slaw on top also.

Good work, Chico.

Cindy said...

awww terrible joke even by extremely low standards! Chivas better come harder next time!

Dutka said...

KREUZ!!! YES!!!! Those who have not been, do not know.

Casey Moore said...

The best BBQ in the world is not from Memphis. It is from Little Dooey's in Starkville,MS.

And sorry, but Texas doesn't do BBQ. They do grillin.

Toddzilla said...

Kreuz is really, really good, but there isn't any better brisket and sausage in the Lone Star State than The Salt Lick outside of Austin. Lordy, lordy.

nonickname said...

Hmmm I've had bbq from carolina, memphis and spots all over, but I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for Uruguayan asado...all grass fed meat done over wood fires. Unfortunately the beer to wash it down is horrible. But US based, I'm partial to Charlie Mills...(the 'ish' referenced earlier...mmmm)

ben said...

having lived in san antonio i can tell you the bbq there is the equivalent of alpo.

so you have questionable taste in music and obviously flawed bbq taste buds. you might want to just stick to the nudity and soccer

SF said...

^^^

Then you sir have tasted some of the finest dog food available. As for my taste in music, it's my taste for my ears not yours so therefore it is unimpeachable. Except for my love for early Van Halen & Def Lepard for which there really is no excuse.

devin said...

uh...chivas got owned?

Anonymous said...

you forgot Santa Maria (CA) tri-tip-and I also think that the Argies, in the form of asado, would argue the point also!