4.23.2009

More Thursday Night Hype: Stammler, Mendes on K.C.



I'm going to hijack my own post. Kind of a strange thing to do but it's my blog so WTF. I'm supposed to talk about tonight's match between K.C. and RBNY but I would instead like to state that Seth Stammler is a victim of the U.S. national team's outlandish depth at the defensive midfield role and it saddens me. He's been the most solid and maybe even only consistent player in New York for a few years now and he'll never get a look --not even a through the fingers peek-- on the 'Nats because his postion has more dudes in line for it than the "Express" line at the DMV.

Michael Bradley. Rico Clark. Mo Edu. Pablo. Benny Feilhaber. Shit even Jack Jewsbury (who is fine player & person) is gettin' hollered at before the phone ever rings for him. Sucks, but I guess in the big scheme of things it's a nice problem to have for U.S. National Team fans. But for Seth Stammler fans, not so much.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

i feel ya 100%! poor Stamms