4.16.2009

D.C. United Are This Close to Turning RFK into Discotheque

college

In a move that the 22 year-old me would have wholeheartedly approved of, it appears D.C. United has replaced their marketing staff with a club promoter. Or at least that's what it looks like with tommorrow night's match being Singles Night and now having lined up a College Night and a Ladies Night.

I've been DJing and working in clubs since I was 17 so trust me when I say this: it's only a matter of time until the owner starts seeing one of the bartenders, Paul Oakenfold starts a monthly residency and someone sues the place over a slip & fall during a foam party.

11 comments:

Kev said...

Whose bright idea was it to have college night two weeks and a half weeks before finals?

Anonymous said...

maybe the greatest picture ever

Anonymous said...

^^^
Definitely greatest picture ever.

And I agree, do they not realize every university in the DC area (G'town, GW, Mason, American, Maryland, Catholic, Howard, UDC, etc etc) have finals week coming up. We're all buggin out here people.

Leonardo said...

if LA Galaxy gets in on this, I'm driving the 5 hours to check out Singles night.

so many hot women down there...


c'mon, isn't someone gonna post pick up lines here?

"ya, I used to clean Beckham's locker, and lemme tell you, it smelled ... good"

Brian said...

I'm psyched for this. I'll let you know if it's successful (anything less that what's pictured will be a massive failure).

Danielle said...

College Night will prove to be a valuable study group for students attending the match: 1 goal by Moreno + 1 goal by Emilio + 1 goal by Pontius + 1 goal by Simms + 0 goals scored on Crayton = 4 United goals and 0 for New England. Four or more United goals also means FREE WINGS at Glory Days Grill for the next week (with game ticket), which make for an excellent study snack. And you guys were concerned...

Anonymous said...

Kev said...

Whose bright idea was it to have college night two weeks and a half weeks before finals?

You know what this says to me? You never lived in IV or attended UCSB.

Braneck said...

Who gives a fuck about finals? I go to GW and I have at least 30 friends going to this. No one is worried about finals on a Friday night from 7-9 pm.

Anonymous said...

@Kev

The same person that cares the least about your education - the MLS scheduler in NY. He's a jerk.

Lucas said...

Best blog post ever, and I didn't even read it.

Brian said...

I'd have to say college night didn't look any different, but SE and BB tifo was awesome! Hope it looked good on tv.