3.27.2009

NYT on Landon Donovan: "Love Him or Hate Him, at Least Sports Fans Know Him"

Donovan

New York Times writer Paul Oberjuerge has a point. Just last night to my complete shock one of my co-workers who knows sweet FA about soccer mentioned Landon Donovan when talking about athletes she thinks are attractive. It wasn't shocking that she thinks he's cute, just shocking that she new the name of an American soccer player.

And I think I'm going to retire the Landycakes tag as he seems to have out grown it in the last year or so. Dude does seem to have toughened up a bit so I have to cut him slack...game has to recognize game.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Bravo to your co-worker! She's absolutely right. Landon is attractive. :)

Count me on the love him side. I don't care where he plays - MLS or Europe - I love to watch him play (though I'm hoping he gets to europe; it just would be fun to watch.)

Nicole said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention: bravo to you for your decision to drop the stupid "Landycakes" thing. Although it's nice to hear that LD has a sense of humor about it.

Anonymous said...

Aw, retiring the tag? It was all tongue in cheek... Every major player has there own. You know this means a new tag is in order!

Capello said...

retire ladycakes?

NEVER!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the retirement.

You've now graduated from middle school!

tfina said...

When he decides to bring it every single game and show half the cojones Frankie Hejduk does on a consistent basis...only then can you take it off.

Anonymous said...

Nicole said...

Bravo to your co-worker! She's absolutely right. Landon is attractive. :)

Count me on the love him side. I don't care where he plays - MLS or Europe - I love to watch him play (though I'm hoping he gets to europe; it just would be fun to watch.)

Why does he need to go to Europe??? You'd rather watch him play inferior German or Swiss clubs rather than buy a ticket and see him in person?

Go back to Europe where you belong....

SF said...

"Congratulations on the retirement. You've now graduated from middle school!"

Apparently you know little of the matriculation rate here at Blogspot Prep.

Keith said...

I'll at least recognize that he thinks Who Are Ya's shirt is funny.