3.31.2009

Ho-tel, Mo-tel, Fairfield Inn




Watching this clip of those D.C. boys doing their thing at the local Fairfield Inn reminded me that I've heard that RBNY have changed their team hotel this season. Typically this is a big "who cares?" but I (jokingly) think that this decision alone will put the team above .500 this year.

Why? Because the new team hotel is the brand new W Hotel in Hoboken. If you are not familiar with Hoboken, NJ just imagine a 1 sq. mile frat/sorority house. For reals. Clint Mathis used to live there when he was that Clint Mathis.

Seriously, the city facing Manhattan from the Jersey side of the Hudson is teeming with the young, nubile & drunk; it was recently ranked the number 1 city in America for singles. It has over 100 bars/package store/liquor licenses within that 1 sq. mile staffed by some of the hottest barmaids in America. Oh and it also has a crazy guy who dances disturbingly on the corner of 14th St on the reg.

In short it is basically one of the last places you would want to drop a group of 18 young, fit, & competitive guys on a Friday night before a game. The opposition will have to really be on their best behavior and be, y'know, professional to not get caught up in the alcohol-fueled sexual land-grab that is a weekend on Washington St. Otherwise it's a hangover & a burning sensation on the turf in Giant's Stadium...and that won't be good for anyone but RBNY.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that place. it's great when you've got buddies that live there too...straight up party central.

...and you must hit it up the first weekend of march for the st pat's parade

jrzgirl said...

Ben Olsen as the 'monkey in the middle'. How appropriate.

Anonymous said...

I think teams will actually be thankful for this move. Do you know how hard it is to fall into some pussy at the Seacuacus Crown Plaza?

Jared said...

Jersey Girls aren't trash.


Trash gets picked up.

Laurel said...

In New Jersey? Have you been there?

Anonymous said...

Sayy WHAT?!

Anonymous said...

i bet all you @ssholes that are making fun of jersey have never even been there.

Anonymous said...

Benny still has it. Great shot at the end!!!

dunny said...

And don't forget about the hanger-oners that get to stay at the W.... less hectic trying to find the Seacaucus hotel at 2am...

Jared said...

As a season ticket holder to the NYRB, I don't have much of a choice in whether I get to go there or not.

As a male, getting sexually assaulted by drunken Jersey girls on their way to Manhattan and nearly knocked onto the train tracks @ Secaucus Junction, I think I speak from personal experience in saying what I said.

As far as Hoboken goes, I refer to the first unwitting poster who brought up a good point. The St. Patrick's Day "party" in Hoboken is held on the FIRST weekend in March. March 17th has NEVER fallen anywhere near the first weekend of the month.

SF said...

^^^

East tiger, my wife & soon-to-be-born daughter are Jersey Girls.

Jared said...

I'm just kidding around with my banter, and I'm sure that your wife is a wonderful person that doesn't fit the unfortunate (and really mostly undeserved) stereotype of a "Jersey girl"

Though if I had done to the random girl what she did to me instead of the other way around, I'd be in jail facing 5-15 years.