NSR: Colin Munroe Is The Unsung Hero, Tabi Bonney Is In My Office

It is almost a year to the date since the last time Colin Munroe got mentioned on TOR so I guess it's as good a time as any to drop his name again. The genre-hopping kid is the quintessential millennial and recently let loose a mixtape entitled Colin Munroe is the Unsung Hero. It's got Wale, Joell Ortiz, a U2 cover, Bob Dylan re-works and some Dallas Austin production on it so it's just all over the place musically. More importantly it is free from OnSmash so cop that sh*t now.

Another cat you should check out is Tabi Bonney. He's from D.C. and he's kinda nice. He's also standing in my office right now so I'm not going to say anything bad about him. Check out tracks from his new album Dope on Myspace and keep an eye out for the video to "Rich Kids" which I'm told was shot a week and a half ago but still has not made it's way to the 25th floor of 1515 Broadway. What gives Tabi?


Dj Endo said...

Tabi Bonney is def dope!

He's Billboard Mag's "act to watch" and easily one of the key leaders in 09's 'New Breed of Hip Hop'.

Check out his new track "Rich Kids"!!!
It's off DOPE, the first installment of the three-part series entitled Dope, Fresh, Superstar.

"Rich Kids" mp3 download

Karah said...

I love Tabi, I like Wale too. And I was in the video so I'm happy :)

But for real, I just copped Tabi's new album dope off iTunes it was hot. Rock Bammas and Go Hard are my tracks. I hear Rich Kids on the radio sometimes, it's a hot track.

I also got the Wale cover of XXL and the XXL with Tabi's Show & Prove(50 cover). Got to show the home team some love!

Kelly said...

" Rockk Rockk Rockk em" that ock bamas joint from Tabi's new album DOPE is ridiculous I can't wait till he drops that as a single