1.22.2009

Ladyhawke: Because I Was Too Young for Ladies in the 80's

<a href="http://www.joost.com/136b79q/t/Ladyhawke-Back-Of-The-Van"></a>

If I told you that this video came out 6 months ago and not 26 years ago would you believe me? Ladyhawke hails from New Zealand and I know that they may get some things a little late down there but surely they haven't just now discovered the perverse pleasure of Reagan-era pop. It's like Pat Benatar, Kim Carnes and Sheena Easton stumbled upon Doc Brown's time machine on their way to Gary & Wyatt from Weird Science's house, created the ultimate 80's lady and sent her to now.

Sadly most people today will think she's a joke but if this were '83 she'd be playing arenas.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Ladyhawk > Ladyhawke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w_j0NEw3EE

Anonymous said...

Remind me to ask my wife to start teasing her hair again.

Teddie Boy Eddie said...

Uh-oh. Does this mean the Chess King is going to be popular again?

SF said...

Better dig out your Z. Cavaricci's dude.

equus said...

I always wondered what happened to Suzi Quatro...

Jamie Z. said...

Favorite pop album of 2008. "My Delirium" is my jam.