12.09.2008

NSR: Oh. My. Sh*t. Blur to Reunite for 09 Shows



Colchester in the area! That's Damon Albarn himself confirming that one of the pillars of the 'Cool Britannia' era is finally burying the bullsh*t to reunite for live gigs next summer. Blur are set to play a massive show in London's Hyde Park this summer to the delight of waifish models, 90's glory-seekers, scooter enthusiasts, Anglophiles and actual British people alike. And then there's me.

When I used to DJ a short-lived Britpop™ night in college (at The Curtain Club in Deep Ellum, Dallas) there were 5 songs that were fail-proof to get every girl with a bobbed haircut and an A-line dress and all of the dude's wearing Ben Sherman shirts under their anorak's --which were wholly unnecessarily even in the dead of a Texas winter-- out on the dance floor. 2 out of the 5 were from Blur; 'Girls and Boys' and the original baggy banger, 'There's No Other Way'.


8 comments:

Jason said...

I miss old Deep Ellum...Just not the same anymore.

kubrick74 said...

Yes! Blur is returning!

If they are in the States, I will be there.

thanks for the info, SF.

Elliott said...

So, SF, what were the other three Britpop dancefloor guarantees?!?

SF said...

^^^

The other 3 were Pulp's 'Common People', The Charlatans 'The Only One I Know' and The Stone Roses 'Fools Gold'. Lord knows what what happen if I played them all back to back.

FC Uptown said...

Dude, where in Deep Ellum did you DJ? I pulled down some serious hours at Thin Room, Art Bar, The Bone, and several others I can't remember too well.

ULTRAS said...

Deep Ellum is still alive, its just on Lower Greenville now...

SF said...

Curtain Club and on the roof at Art Bar. Good times at Art Bar; when the weather was nice that roof was rocking.

FC Uptown said...

Art Bar...wow. Was there NYE 1999. Fell off the outdoor stage. Mugged down with several randoms. I spent a couple years chasing SMU Tri-Delts in Deep Ellum. Memories....