12.31.2008

Bobby Boswell Talking Turkey in Antalya.

Bos

Word out of Antalya, Turkey is that Bobby Boswell is currently in the land of kebab & hookah's and thinking about joinig up with local club Antalyaspor. If you are not Turkish and that name sounds familiar is because you may recall that they currently employ former Dynamo player Joseph "Jar Jar" Ngwenya.

I know playing in Turkey is technically "playing in Europe" but just barely (they share a border with Iraq for God's sake) and sort of seems like a lateral move to my Turkish Super Lig uneducated eyes. Is it just me? Still, Antalya certainly is prettier than Houston so that's got to count for something.

9 comments:

Tim said...

Turkey's Super Lig is definately better than MLS it is on par with the likes of the Eredivisie and the Portuguese league.

Sterlinho said...

After looking at pictures of the place I would live there.

RedMenace said...

Hey, you made a Boswell post without even making reference to any pictures that may or may not be out there. Is this a New Year's Resolution?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... turkish delight...mmmm.

thats one hot turkey

Binks said...

When no one else wants to deal with your lack of skills as of late, it's nice to be able to fall back on, "I'm the guy from DC United that scored on Chelsea".

While Houston was under serious consideration for another prank on Bobby B, I will also assure him that I will not be going to Turkey for another photo op.

Ahmet Turgut said...

SF, ANTALYA ONE OF THE NICEST PLACE THAT YOU WANT TO LIVE....

PEOPLE ARE GOING IN TO THE WATER IN JANUARY THERE....

AS FAR AS BOBBY , HE COULD MAKE A NAME PLACE FOR HIM THERE IF STAYS THERE...OTHER TEAMS ARE AFTER HIM TOO..

IF HE DOES NOT SIGN WITH ANTALYASPOR ,YOU COULD TELL HIM, I HAVE OTHERS TEAMS WILL GRAB HIM...

BEST LUCK TO BOBBY BOSWELL IN TURKEY...
AND LASTLY, TURKEY IS THE BEST COUNTRY ARAOUND THERE ..AND DON YOU FORGET THAT....
SOCCER REGARDS,
AHMET BOB TURGUT
www.turkishsoccer.com

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm.....beautiful turkish girls FTW!!!!!!!!

I{d go just for the chiks

Brian said...

I was in Istanbul two years ago and I have such mixed feelings about it. Supposedly it's a very friendly place, but I was constantly harassed and everyone was trying to swindle me. It was really beautiful though. From my coworkers, I heard that Anatalya is really beautiful and didn't have the problems with rude locals. Best of luck to Bobby. I see his blog is shut down.

monkey10 said...

Turkey has insanely passionate fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uF14sBdBec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6x7jyFAf7E&feature=related