Community Service: It's Not Just for Criminals Anymore

Pat Noonan is doing it frat-boy style. Adam Moffatt is doing while sounding Scottish. Steven Lenhart is doing it while being (and sounding) blond. So you really have no excuse not to get involved in doing some kind of service.

I really believe that you don't need a court order or a platinum record to "give back to the community". If you're looking to make an impact on those around you may I recommend the following causes; these are merely my suggestions, not endorsements...so if any CEO's of these corporations get axed for being caught with a dead girl or a live boy don't blame me. If you have a suggestion feel free to knock it into the comments.

Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America

America Scores

United Way

Boy Scouts of America

Girl Scouts of America

Friends of the Otters (who doesn't love otters?)

Goodwill Industries

Green Festivals


charlton heston said...

The Messiah scrubbed his website from 'required' brownshirt enlistment to voluntary contribution. I'm guessing The O's resume is the genesis for this post.

BC said...

Scratch the rest....America SCORES is the only appropriate answer for any self respecting soccer lover.

Not that I'm biased.

SF said...

That's a bit presumptuous on your part Charlton. My mother worked for United Way for 15 years and has been with YMCA for 12 years now. My brother and I were deeply involved in Scouting from a young age; he was an Eagle and is now a troop leader. He is also a volunteer for the Boys Club of America. I have been involved with Big Brothers & Sisters, Boys Club of America and the PASO at various times over the years. My boy BC is a director for America Scores.

So to presume that the only reason I am interested in service is because the president-elect is is uniformed.

Furthermore, I detect a bit of disdain for the idea of service in your tone. If you're averse to contributing to your community and helping others so be it, but why be upset that others want to.

Lastly, if you don't like Obama that's cool. Just know that while I don't think he's "the Messiah" I think he's an admirable man for the most part and I respect him as a president who hasn't f'ed up yet so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Just know that's how I feel friend, so just bear that in mind.

If you want to discuss further email me.

steve said...

American Youth Soccer Organization: http://www.soccer.org


Ed said...

Adam Moffat is a class act. Still comes back to Cleveland City games when he gets the chance.

The man is a beast.

Teddie Boy Eddie said...

Now now, Heston. Don't you want to be one of the thousand points of light?

Blake said...

Repping the Rays. Pat Noonan made a new fan with this.