11.19.2008

All I Wanna Do is "Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop" and Take Your Trophy

Nerf

It's a bit hypocritical of me as I spent a substantial portion of my childhood playing Army in the wooded areas that snaked through the town I grew up in (Denison, TX) but I'm not a fan of kids with guns. I'm not talking about the song, I like that, but children playing with fake guns. All I have to do is look around at the violence that sometimes plagues the community I currently call home to know that our youth has become beyond desensitized to gun imagery; I actually saw a a kid no older than 12 at the corner store last week wearing a pair of jeans that was polka dotted in Glock 9's.

Having said that...I sooooo want a fully-automatic Nerf vulcan cannon. No, I NEED a fully-automatic Nerf vulcan cannon. It shoots three darts per second and that is nothing but a good thing. I wonder if Nerf products are on the list of items banned from the HDC?

8 comments:

Mitchell said...

I know what I'm asking for....

Anonymous said...

and i thought my brother was crazy for putting that on his wedding gift registry...

Amanda said...

Denison, Texas? Holy shit, I grew up in Sherman. This blog may be one of the better things to come out of that part of Texas.

SF said...

^^^

Small world. I was actually born in Sherman (Wilson N. Jones Hospital). But screw the Bearcats...the Yellow Jackets OWN the Axe!

Prashanta said...

Uhh...DD Eisenhower was born in Denison. Although I love this blog very much, I would have to say that it is eclipsed.

SF said...

True indeed. And they LOVE them some Dwight David in Denison. EVERYTHING is the Eisenhower Memorial something or another.

Amanda said...

Ha, I was born in WNJ, too. And I think Sherman's got the all-time lead in the Battle of the Axe (though apparently y'all got it this year).

And I said "one of the better" things, not the best thing. I might also put Buck Owens on that list.

flytouch 3 said...

No doubt, the chap is totally fair.